Friday, April 25, 2008

BANNED FROM HUFFINGTON POST

April 22, 2008 was a difficult day. The revelation that Senator Clinton would "obliterate" Iran if they attacked Israel only brought to light how inhuman a candidate can become in their zeal to secure their all important victory. How strange that the news media could continue to rehash the remarks of an angry black minister, as if the Reverend Wright was running for president. But very little was made about the "obliterate" remark. For myself, such a remark proves that Senator Clinton needs psychiatry, not the presidency. But I guess she really is ready from day one, to blow away some people to kingdom come. Was that why I have been banned from The Huffington Post?

I have been blogging comments on Huffington for the last five months. Although I do not use foul language, and have never attacked another blogger, for some strange reason I am now banned. Perhaps one of their moderators got tired of reading my criticisms of the candidates (I am after all, an advocate for peace and justice) and decided to rid their internet salon of my radical rantings. I say radical because the way the ball bounces in main stream media, if you so much as question our holy military policies, with attached armament industries, you must be a radical. The fact of being a peaceful person, who never advocates violence, does not make a bit of difference. To some in this society, thinking independently is considered a subversive act.

Perhaps the real reason I have been banned on The Huffington Post is because my last posting, I criticized the ownership class. Perhaps one of the Hufpo moderators read my remarks and thought: my God, that includes Ms. Stassinopoulos! Somebody better ban the bastard!
Part of what was written said: "The ownership class can play ideological games all they want. Those of us who do not own, have to live with the consequences. The indulgences of the privileged are always with us. This enables public money to be squandered on sports stadiums, bank bailouts, and of course the all time favorite: weapons!"

Is that why I was banned? Hard to believe that a person as insignificant as myself could warrant such a draconian option, but there it is.
I tried to contact Huffington Post to give me an explanation. Their response has been nothing. My comments before being banned can still be found on Google, at thebeerdoctor's huffington post profile. But there will be no more. Luckily, Newscloud, Truthdig and Streetalker.com, still welcome my writing. As one kind friend wrote: "that's their loss, not yours". Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Civilized free speech is still welcome here doc so bring it on.

Anonymous said...

""The ownership class can play ideological games all they want. Those of us who do not own, have to live with the consequences. The indulgences of the privileged are always with us. This enables public money to be squandered on sports stadiums, bank bailouts, and of course the all time favorite: weapons!""

You touch on subjects that are not to be spoken of. Just as GE booted Kucinich from the Vegas debates because they did not want Americans to hear about how we do not need to waste trillions of dollars on contracts with GE to build nuclear power plants all over the US.

Them that's got shall get.

Glad you are posting here Beerdoctor. Keep on writing.

FrustratedDemInNH said...

I, too have been banned from HuffPo...actually a number of times. At first I was bewildered and bemused; after a while it became a game. I have created a diary of sorts at http://bannedonhuffpo.blogspot.com.

It's interesting that you are an Obama supporter and have been banned...HuffPo is in the toilet for Barack and it seems any criticism of him is routinely censored out. I know this because I have been a rather vocal supporter of Clintons.

I have to disagree with you on her comments about Iran. It was in response to a question about what would we do if Iran attacked Isreal, a long-standing strategic ally, with a nuclear weapon. Her comment was that they had to keep in mind that if they did so, it wouldn't matter what level of development they had achieved...we would be able to obliterate them and they should keep that in mind.

Frankly, I WANT them to keep that in mind. I don't think that state, or many other of those who hate us would hesitate to use nuclear devices against us or our allies if they thought they could get away with it. I think it may be the sure knowledge of what our response would be that keeps them from doing it. If so, then let's make sure we they believe in their souls we wouldn't hesitate.

In reality, this position is no more and no less than similar positions we have held for decades with other strategic allies. The Soviets knew that there was a nuclear umbrella over our allies in the west, and I believe it kept them safe.

I hope and pray Obama's position on these issues would be the same. Otherwise I fear we will live in a vastly destabilized world if he is elected.

Lest you question my loyalties...I am a lifelong Democrat, was a conscientious objector during the Viet Nam war (an official one, with 1-O status and everything), and have been foursquare against this war from the start.